Welcome to my Page
Born in Drama, studied as an Electrical and Computer Engineer (ECE) at the Democritus University of Thrace (DUTH), graduating in 2020. I am currently a Ph.D. candidate at the department of ECE of DUTH, in the research area “Efficient computations in Blockchain infrastructure environment”, under the advisory of Associate Prof. Pavlos Efraimidis. Since November 2020, have been adjunct researcher at the Athena Research Center, specifically at the Language and Speech Processing institute. I have participated in 4 research projects (Phasma Food, PROMOTE, AGRO4+, SUSANNA), focusing on data security using decentralized technologies. My research interests included blockchain research (Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric), tokens (digital twins), development of decentralized application (DApps), efficient computation, and privacy in the blockchain. I have participated and written more than 8 European and Greek Proposals.
Recently published or accepted papers:
- Sendros A, Drosatos G, Efraimidis PS, Tsirliganis NC. Blockchain Applications in Agriculture: A Scoping Review. Applied Sciences. 2022; 12(16):8061. https://doi.org/10.3390/app12168061, MDPI, Preprint available at SSRN
- P. Kostamis, A. Sendros and P. Efraimidis, “Exploring Ethereum’s Data Stores: A Cost and Performance Comparison,” 2021 3rd Conference on Blockchain Research & Applications for Innovative Networks and Services (BRAINS), 2021, pp. 53-60, doi: 10.1109/BRAINS52497.2021.9569804, Candidate for best paper award (final 3 candidates), IEEE, arXiv
- I. Zikos, A. Sendros, G. Drosatos and P. S. Efraimidis HFabD+M: A Web-based Platform for Automated Hyperledger Fabric Deployment and Management, IEEE, ResearchGate, GitHub
- Sendros A., Drosatos G., Efraimidis P.S., Tsirliganis N.C. Fungible and Non-Fungible Tokens in Agriculture ProductionAndreas, Poster, 1st Workshop on Human-Centric Sciences and Technologies in Greece, PDF,Proceedings
- (Under revision) P. Kostamis, A. Sendros, and P. S. Efraimidis, Data management in Ethereum DApps: A cost and performance analysis
- Algorithms and Complexity, Prof. Pavlos S. Efraimidis, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece (2020-present, Spring Semester).
- Data Structures, Prof. Pavlos S. Efraimidis, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece (2020-present, Winter Semester).
- Cryptography, Researcher George Drosatos, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece (2020, Spring Semester).
My main research interests include:
- Blockchain Technologies (Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric)
- Distributed File Systems (IPFS, Swarm Bee)
- DApps in Agriculture Systems
- Efficient Computation and Privacy in Blockchain
- SUSSANA, [TERMINET H2020]((https://www.terminet-h2020.eu/) Open Call (July 2023 - November 2023), Athena Research Center, Proposal writer
- Agro4+ (Scholarship, April 2021 - present), Athena Research Center, Role: Development of traceability and product certification algorithms in Blockchain Systems
- PROMOTE/ ΑΝΑΔΕΙΞΤΟ (Scholarship, November 2020- March 2021), Athena Research Center, Role: Ensuring data integrity and privacy for the establishment of tourist information
- PhasmaFood (March 2019- July 2020), Agricultural University of Athens
E-mail:asendros (at) ee.duth.gr
asendros (at) athenarc.gr